Although Liebherr refrigerators and freezers are extremely energy efficient, the following tips and ideas will help you to reduce energy consumption even further.
Over recent years, our refrigeration and freezer appliances have become more and more energy efficient. Nevertheless, you, the customer, can still make a difference and save even more energy by following our easy tips:
- Allow hot food to cool to room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- If you want to defrost frozen meals or ingredients for the next day, do so in your fridge. The defrosting food acts as a cold reservoir, emitting coldness into the refrigerator, which means that the appliance has to work less to maintain coldness, therefore saving electricity.
- Store frequently used items at the front of the appliance so that you can access them quickly and you don’t have to reach too far!
- If you have children who are regularly looking for snacks and drinks, store their favourite snacks at eye level, and this will help prevent energy being wasted as they rummage through the fridge looking for their treats.
- The physical location of your refrigerator or freezer also impacts its energy consumption. So, it’s important these appliances are never placed next to a heat source such as a heater or direct sunlight, and ideally, position the appliance in a cool, shaded spot.
Liebherr has accessories to help you save energy too. After successfully harvesting a mountain of fresh, tasty vegetables, your freezer drawers will gradually empty again. If you have a Liebherr BioFresh refrigerator or a freezer with NoFrost technology, Vario energy-saving panels in widths of 60 and 70 cm can be purchased from retailers for many of the models. Simply slide one into position above the first unused drawer and all the drawers below it will no longer be cooled – saving you up to 50 percent more energy.
Hope you have enjoyed our tips. If you would like to share some of your own energy-saving secrets please comment below or visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/LiebherrAppliancesAU.