Although Liebherr refrigerators and freezers are extremely energy efficient, the following tips and ideas will help you to reduce energy consumption even further.
Over recent years, our refrigeration and freezer appliances become more and more energy efficient. Nevertheless, you, the customer, can still make a difference and save more energy.
- Allow hot food to cool to room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- If you want to defrost frozen meals or ingredients for the next day, do so in your refrigerator. The defrosting food acts as a cold reservoir, emitting coldness into the refrigerator, which means that the appliance has to work less to maintain coldness, thereby saving electricity.
- Store frequently used items at the front of the appliance so that you can access them quickly on opening the door.
- If you have children who are regularly looking for snacks and drinks, store their favourite snacks at eye level, and so prevent energy being wasted.
- Locating your refrigerator or freezer suitably also impacts its energy consumption: never place the appliance next to a heat source such as a radiator; avoid direct sunlight, and ideally, position the appliance in a cool, shaded place.
Liebherr has accessories to help you save energy too. After successfully harvesting a mountain of fresh, tasty vegetables, your freezer drawers will gradually empty again. If you have a Liebherr BioFresh refrigerator or a freezer with NoFrost technology, Vario energy-saving panels in widths of 60 and 70 cm can be purchased from retailers for many of the models. Simply slide one into position above the first unused drawer and all the drawers below it will no longer be cooled – saving you up to 50 percent more energy.