If you have decided to invest in a fully Integrated Refrigerator by Liebherr, great for you! Not only will it look fabulous in your kitchen and seamlessly integrate into your cabinetry, functionality wise, you will not be disappointed. With features such as BioFresh, SuperCool, and SuperFrost, your fresh and frozen produce are in good hands – staying fresh for significantly longer while preserving valuable vitamins and minerals.
Still undecided about which Liebherr to get? Why not discover the full range of Integrated Refrigerators on our website.
Once your brand new refrigerator has been delivered, the next step is to of course install it into your kitchen cabinetry. Unless you are an all-round handy person, this generally requires a qualified cabinet manufacturer or installer, as well as a plumber for the IceMaker (if applicable).
Why Is Ventilation So Crucial For An Integrated Refrigerator
There are many installation factors that need to be adhered to such as installing each individual unit in separate cabinetry, door panel thickness not exceeding 19mm, and ensuring that power outlets and water points are accessible and not installed behind the units. One of the most vital factors when installing a Liebherr integrated fridge or freezer, is ventilation!
A minimum of 200cm2 ventilation opening must be provided at both the top and the bottom of the cabinetry to allow for appropriate air flow. If a Liebherr appliance does not have adequate ventilation, the cooling system can get damaged.
Your Liebherr Integrated Refrigerator will come with very specific installation instructions to ensure that it operates at maximum efficiency, and it is essential that your installer follows them carefully. If an appliance faults due to incorrect installation or inadequate ventilation it may not be covered by warranty.
But What Could Go Wrong?
Poor ventilation will affect the performance and efficiency of your refrigerator, resulting in the below potential issues:
- Higher energy consumption
- Poor maintenance of temperature
- Excessive condensation that can damage the surrounding cabinetry
- Overheated and failed compressor
- Irreparable damage to the cooling system
- Shorter lifespan of your appliance
Love Your Liebherr, Ensure Correct Installation
There are many ways to assist your cabinet manufacturer to ensure they install your Integrated Refrigerator correctly:
- Download installation instructions for your purchased appliance from our website in advance and ensure they understand the installation requirements
- Provide your installer with the Important Information flyer which details in brief key elements regarding installation and ventilation
- Point your installer to our educational video with easy-to-understand visuals on cabinetry and ventilation
- Consider purchasing a Liebherr ventilation grill to ensure the minimum airflow 200cm2 is achieved
We want you to get the best out of your Liebherr Integrated Appliance! Comment below or start a conversation on our Facebook page if you have any questions.