Conditions of participation
Validity of the conditions of participation
- The participation in the “Online Advent calendar” competition (“competition”) at (“competition page”) is an offer from Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, Memminger Straße 77-79, 88416 Ochsenhausen (hereinafter “organizer”).
- Participation in the competition is subject to these conditions of participation.
Participation in the competition
- Participation in the competition is free of charge.
- A participant takes part in the competition by answering the questions asked by the organizer on the competition page, filling out the form with their personal data, accepting the privacy conditions and conditions of participation, and sending the data to the organizer by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Only natural persons over the age of 18 who reside in the United States of America are eligible to participate.
- Employees of the Liebherr group of companies and their relatives are excluded from participating in the competition.
- Multiple entries by participants are not permitted.
- There is no entitlement to participate in the competition. The organizer is entitled to exclude people from the competition or refuse participation in the competition at its own discretion without specifying any reasons for doing so.
Duration and running of the competition
- The competition page can be accessed during the course of 12/01/2018. The competition ends at midnight on 12/25/2018.
- The participant answers the competition questions asked on the competition page and sends the solution to the competition questions to the organizer using the form in accordance with the specifications on the competition page. Lots shall be drawn to award Liebherr branded products among all participants that have provided the correct solution at the end of the competition.
Determining and notifying the winners
- The winners shall be determined by drawing lots among all participants who provide the correct solution by 12/25/2018.
- The winners shall be announced by no later than 01/11/2019. The winners shall be notified by e-mail.
Prizes and transfer of the prizes
- The prizes can be any Liebherr branded product.
- The prizes shall be delivered to the winners by mail or electronically by the end of January 2019. If the prizes are transferred exclusively by mail, the winner shall receive a prize notification via e-mail. In it the winner shall be asked to notify the organizer of their address details (title, first and last names, street, zip code and city). If the winner does not notify the organizer of these details within 21 days of the prize notification being sent, the winner shall no longer have any entitlement to the prize. In this case, another winner shall be determined by the organizer drawing lots.
- A cash payment or payment of an alternative prize is excluded.
- The entitlement to the prize is non-transferable.
- There is no recourse to legal action in relation to the claiming of prizes.
Premature termination of the competition
The organizer reserves the right to cancel or terminate the competition at any time without giving prior notice and without specifying reasons for doing so. This shall not provide any grounds for claims on the part of the participants, in particular claims for compensation.
Liability of the organizer
The organizer shall be liable for damages – on whatever legal grounds – only in the event of intent, gross negligence by the platform operator, its legal representatives or its vicarious agents, in the event of culpable loss of life, physical injury or damage to health, in the event of defects which it deliberately failed to disclose or whose absence it guaranteed, to the extent that it has mandatory liability under the German Product Liability Act. If there is a culpable breach of substantial contractual obligations, the organizer shall also be liable in the event of gross negligence and slight negligence; but in the latter case the liability shall be limited to the level of loss that is typical of the contract and was reasonably foreseeable at the time of conclusion of the contract.
Further claims are excluded.
Liability of the participant
The participant shall indemnify the organizer from all third-party demands and claims which are based on a breach of these conditions of participation by the participant.
- The organizer may amend these conditions of participation at any time and without specifying reasons for doing so. The very latest version of the conditions of participation to which the participant has agreed applies between the participant and the organizer. If the conditions of participation should change during the term of the competition, the participants shall be requested to agree to these changes by e-mail. If the participant does not agree, this participant shall automatically be excluded from participating.
- If individual provisions in these conditions of participation should be or become legally ineffective or incomplete in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. Invalid provisions must be replaced by mutual agreement with provisions which, taking account of the respective interests of the parties to the contract, are capable of achieving the desired commercial objective.
- Recourse to legal action in relation to participation in the competition is excluded.
- These conditions of participation and any disputes arising from or in connection with these conditions of participation shall be governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany with the exception of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG).