Thank you for your interest in our blog. We take the protection of your personal data seriously and comply with the provisions of data protection legislation. The blog operator and responsible body as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Liebherr-International Deutschland GmbH, Hans-Liebherr-Straße 45, 88400 Biberach. The declaration below provides you with an overview of what type of data is collated, to what extent and for what purpose, and in which context this may be passed on to third parties.
The types of data that we process
When you visit our blog, the following data is transmitted to the server from your browser:
- Your browser’s type and version
- Your operating system
- The referrer URL (the previously visited webpage if you have accessed the blog via a link)
- The pages that you visit in the blog
- The IP address that your provider has assigned to you
- The date, time and duration of your visit
Within the scope of your registration via WordPress, your e-mail address and name are also stored, as only registered users can write comments. This data is solely stored by us for this purpose and is not passed to third parties.
Spam protection through the anti-spam plugin Akismet
We protect our blog against spam with the aid of the Akismet anti-spam plugin from Automattic Inc., 60 29th Street #343, San Francisco, CA 94110-4929, USA. To this end, all comments are sent to a server in the USA where they are analysed and stored for four days for comparison purposes. If a comment is classed as spam, the data collated with the comment is stored beyond this period. This data includes the name entered, the e-mail address, the IP address, the content of the comment, the referrer, details about the browser used and the computer system, as well as the time of the post.
Appropriation, usage and forwarding of personal data
Your data shall solely be used to enable your use of the comment function and for statistical purposes. Personal data shall solely be forwarded to state institutions and authorities within the scope of mandatory legal provisions. We undertake to handle your data confidentially. During the WordPress authorisation process, you provide WordPress with your name and e-mail address.
Cookies are used in a number of places on our website to make it more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Session cookies are discarded when you leave our website. Permanent cookies (e.g. for functions such as ‘remember password’) remain stored on your computer’s hard drive until they are deleted by your browser. You can prevent cookies from being installed by activating the corresponding browser software settings. Please note, however, that if you do this, you may not have full and comprehensive use of all of this website’s functions. To withdraw your consent, please follow this link.
Functions and data collation on social networks
Registration via social Networks
You can register for our blog and comment on posts via your Facebook or Twitter account. Please note that in doing so, a large amount of data is transmitted to these social networks, including to servers in the USA.
Use of social media plugins
Our website uses functions from several social networks (‘plugins’):
- Google plugins : Google + share button, button with the white character ‘g+’ on a red background or the blue text ‘share’, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (‘Google’)
- Facebook plugins: Plugins with a white ‘f’ on a blue box, a ‘thumbs up’ smiley or the text ‘Like’, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (‘Facebook’).
- Twitter plugins: A button with the text ‘twitter’ or ‘retweet’ or a small bird icon, operated by Twitter Inc., Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market St, Suite 900 San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (‘Twitter’).
- Pinterest plugins: A ‘Pin-It’ button, a white ‘P’ on a red background, operated by Pinterest, 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301 USA (‘Pinterest’).
- LinkedIn plugins: A button with the white letters ‘in’ on a blue background, operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (‘LinkedIn’).
- Xing ‘share’ button: A green button with a white ‘X’, operated by XING AG, Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
If you access one of our web pages that uses such plugins, your browser connects to the plugin providers’ servers, potentially in the USA. The plugin content is directly transmitted from the plugin providers to your browser and incorporated into the page. We have no influence over the scope of the data that the plugin providers collate. After the platforms have been displayed, the personal data of non-members, logged in members and non-logged-in members, including their IP address, is collated, processed and transmitted, including to servers in the USA. According to Xing, it does not store any data about the visitor blog access from which Xing could personally identify visitors. In particular, XING does not store the IP addresses of visitors to websites that contain the XING share button.
If you are logged in to the respective social network, this can immediately assign your visit to our website to your profile. If you interact with the plugins (for example by clicking the ‘Like’ button or writing a comment), this information (including your IP address) is also directly transmitted from your browser to a server operated by the plugin provider, possibly in the USA, where it is stored.
For details of the purpose and scope of the data collation, processing and usage by the providers as well as your associated rights and protection-related setting options, please see the applicable privacy policies:
- Google: http://www.google.com/intl/de/+/policy/+1button.html
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/#
- Pinterest: http://de.about.pinterest.com/privacy/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?trk=hb_ft_priv
- Xing: https://www.xing.com/privacy
If you are a member of a network but do not want the provider to link the data collated by our website with your profile, you can take the following measures:
- Always log out of the network entirely before visiting other websites and delete any cookies;
- use your ad blocker to hide plugins. Further information can be found, e.g. at: http://www.antispam-ev.de/wiki/Werbeblocker_f%C3%BCr_Browser
Contact, withdrawal of consent and deletion
You have the right to request information about the data we have stored about you free of charge at any time, as well as the right to correct, delete or block this personal data at any time. If deletion is not possible, for example, as a result of commercial or tax retention periods or reasons, your data shall be blocked rather than deleted. You can also withdraw any declarations of consent in relation to data protection at any time with future effect. The contact details of our company data protection officer Sinan Sen are:
Herr Sinan Sen
Liebherr-IT Services GmbH
Oberopfingen, S1. Vitus 1
88457 Kirchdorf an der IIler
E-Mail: [email protected]