Liebherr Frenchdoor fridge-freezers offer perfect food freshness and storage on a grand scale. Available as either freestanding or built-in models, they have ample storage space and benefit from a host of convenient features, as well as being undeniably stylish and visually stunning. Read on to learn everything you need to know about Liebherr Frenchdoor food storage centres…
We’ve put together some key questions and answers in relation to these appliances.
What is a Liebherr Frenchdoor fridge-freezer?
The refrigerator is characterised by two winged doors, which give rise to the name ‘Frenchdoor’. These offer clear advantages in terms of space requirements in that they don’t swing out as far on opening. The freezer compartment in Liebherr Frenchdoor appliances consists of two pull-out drawers, which offer a perfect view of stored goods and an extremely ergonomic design.
How do Frenchdoor models differ from Side-by-Side models?
In Side-by-Side appliances, the refrigerator and freezer compartments are positioned adjacent to one another. Frenchdoor fridge-freezers, on the other hand, are structured like traditional fridge-freezers, with the refrigerator compartment above the freezer compartment. This is partly for reasons of ergonomic design: the refrigerator is used far more often than the freezer.
What are Frenchdoor fridge-freezers like from a technical perspective?
Liebherr Frenchdoor fridge-freezers have two compressors, which means they have two optimally performing and completely independent cooling circuits. This makes it possible to switch off the refrigerator compartment whilst leaving the freezer compartment running – a useful feature that will save you energy if you are away for any length of time. Only appliances with two high-performance, energy-efficient compressors afford this type of flexibility.
What makes the built-in version special?
Liebherr Frenchdoor built-in models are suitable for door-on-door installation. This means that a finish that matches your kitchen units can be attached to the front. Important: freestanding appliances can also be ‘converted’ because ventilation occurs via the plinth at the base, which means that no ‘air blockage’ that could damage the compressor and cause increased energy consumption can occur.
What other benefits do Frenchdoor models offer?
- Frenchdoor appliances provide lots of storage space with a usable capacity of about 471 litres.
- Perfect visibility of food throughout the large interior space at all times.
- LED lighting columns on the right and left of the interior, together with an LED ceiling light, provide excellent illumination within the appliance.
- Sturdy glass shelves ensure that food is securely and conveniently stored.
- Extremely spacious, high-performance freezer compartment with IceMaker.
- Integrated water filter to ensure perfect water quality at all times.
- Convenient-to-use BioFresh drawers on telescopic rails.
- Pull-out freezer drawers with self-closing mechanism.
- Automated NoFrost system in the freezer compartment so that the appliance never needs manual defrosting.
- Premium HardLine design that makes the appliance a stylish centrepiece wherever it is installed.
If you have any questions about Liebherr Frenchdoor appliances, please let us know! Use the comment function below this post or start/join in discussions with us on Facebook.